Where can I download Respondus?
Contact your Canvas Administrator to download, install and license Respondus.
How do I import questions into Canvas quizzes?
You have several options to get your questions into Canvas for quizzes, tests and exams:
- Contact your publisher to see if they already have questions you can import. If they do, we can walk you through the process or depending on our availability we might be able to do it.
- Use Respondus to convert your existing questions into the correct format. Review the Go to the section “Importing Questions into Respondus”. You will need to make sure your questions follow the correct format.
- Use Respondus to rewrite your questions and import into Canvas.
- Retype your questions using Canvas directly. I strongly recommend using the Question Bank feature rather than just typing the questions into a quiz. Using banks allows some additionally options that using a quiz alone does not.
Tip:Use Student View! There may be certain elements included in the imported testbank files that Canvas can’t interpret. This may cause unexpected problems when students take the quizzes. For this reason it is recommended that instructors test out the quizzes in Student View prior to the start of the semester to make sure they are functioning properly.
How do I get help with Respondus?
Our license with Respondus, Inc. does NOT permit us to obtain support directly from Respondus, Inc. To get help you have the following options:
- Context-sensitive help is available throughout the Respondus program by pressing the F1 key. It is also available by selecting “Help” from the pull-down menu on the toolbar.
- Review the Respondus User Guide (in Word/WordPad format) and some helpful video guides.
If you have questions or problems using the Respondus software, you should first consult the online help or Respondus User Guide. If you are still unable to resolve your problem, direct your questions to your campus administrator.
Where Else Can I Install This?
Our license DOES permit you to install a copy of the Respondus software on a home computer. However, please note that you are not permitted to provide the Respondus software or the password information to anyone who is not affiliated with MTech. Such an action is a violation of our licensing agreement with Respondus and license usage is tracked.